Apple, Lenovo Maintain Lead in Tablets and Chromebook Segments in Q3 2021; Shipments Decline: Canalys


New data from Canalys shows that the third quarter of 2021 saw a decline in growth in Chromebook and tablet shipments. The report shows tablet shipments fell 15 percent to 37.7 million units, while Chromebook shipments were down 37 percent and reached 5.8 million units in Q3. Canalys says total PC shipments worldwide also fell 2 percent year over year to 122.1 million units. The decline is attributed to the fall in demand for these products as digital education programs are witnessing a slowdown. Data from Canalys showed that Chromebooks fell back to pre-pandemic levels, accounting for 9 percent of all notebook shipments, as the key education market reached saturation.

Latest report good Research firm Canalys sheds light on the tablet, Chromebook, and overall PC shipments worldwide in Q3 2021. In the tablet segment, Apple It maintained its lead with 40.4 percent of the market share with 15.2 million shipments in the third quarter. samsung Came in second despite a 20 percent drop, reports Canalys, shipping 7.2 million units in the third quarter. Lenovo, which kept its momentum, was the only seller in the top five to see modest growth, with 4.2 million units shipped, up 2 percent year over year. Amazon and Huawei The remaining top five, recorded significant declines of 45 per cent and 51 per cent respectively.

Canalys says Chromebook vendors struggled in Q3, as shipments to the overall market decreased. Lenovo Ranked first with 1.4 million units shipped and 24.6 percent market share. Even with the lead, the Lenovo Chromebook saw a 20.9 percent drop in annual growth. Himachal Pradesh Q3 2021 saw a significant decline of 66.1 per cent year-on-year, with shipments reaching only 1.09 million. Its market share is said to be 19 per cent. acerhandjob Pit And Asus Made up the remainder of the top five.

Brian Lynch, research analyst at Canalys, says, “Chrome’s focus on the education market meant it was bound to slow down at some point. Governments, education institutions and families have invested heavily in Chromebooks for more than a year, and With so many students equipped with equipment and schools returning to learn in the classroom, shipment volume has fallen accordingly. Nevertheless, Chrome has massively expanded its user base over the past year and a half, and that growth has led to nowhere. There will be a more refreshing opportunity. Google has also made a significant investment in the enterprise market this year as it seeks to broaden its horizons beyond its secure position in academia, although this domain presents a much tougher challenge to Chrome. But it will be able to carve a niche for its economy, safety and ease of management.

As mentioned, Canalys says that worldwide PC shipments also saw a 2 percent year-over-year decline. Lenovo reportedly maintained its lead with a market share of over 1 percent as it shipped 24.4 million units. Apple ranked second with a slight increase of 5 percent for total shipments of 23 million units. HP felt the impact of supply constraints, with annual shipments down 6 percent. In fourth place, Dell saw a 27 percent increase in shipments and a nearly 3 percent increase in market share. samsung 8.3 million units were shipped and reached the top five with a market share of 6.9 percent.

.