WiFi Full Form: A common misconception is that Wi-Fi is an abbreviated form of wireless fidelity. Wi-Fi is actually a trademark of the term IEEE 802.11x. The misleading notion of shortening the Wi-Fi brand name for wireless fidelity has increased to the extent that major corporations have also used the term wireless fidelity in a press release. The fact is that Wi-Fi has no full form and never existed there.
Wi-Fi uses an electronic gadget to transfer data using ISM radio frequencies or to link to the Internet. It is a WLAN (Wireless Local Area Network) system that underlines it. Wi-Fi allows other systems to be in contact with electronic devices over a wireless network.
Wi-Fi equipment focuses on one of the IEEE-developed 802.11 standards and is supported by the Wi-Fi Alliance. It provides a simple method for wireless network connection. Wi-Fi is a Wi-Fi alliance brand that is used as a brand title for services that use the IEEE 802.11 standards.
WiFi Stands for
WiFi is also a local area wireless technology in the form of Wi-Fi. This allows an electronic device to transfer data using the ISM radio band or connect to the Internet. It is an underlying technology of wireless local area network (WLAN). Wi-Fi allows computers and other devices to communicate over wireless networks.
Some other full forms of WiFi
- WIFI – Wireless Internet Frequent Interface (In-Network Connectivity)
- Wifi-wire-free internet
- Wifi – wireless internet for idiots (funny)
Some Application of WiFi
- Personal computers
- Digital camera
- Video game consoles
- Tablet computers and many more.
Alternatives of WiFi
Many other “wireless” technologies offer Wi-Fi options in some cases:
- Bluetooth, short-distance network
- Zigbee, low-power, low data rate, and proximity
- Cellular networks, as used by smartphones
- Bluetooth Low Energy, a low-power variant
- WiMax, provide wireless internet connection from outside individual homes
Read more about WiFi on Wikipedia